CALL FOR PAPERS & WORKSHOPS (CLOSED)
August 22-23, 2014 - Cochin, India
Buenos Dias from the God's Own Country!
We are extremely delighted to announce the Call for Papers and Call for Workshops for c0c0n 2014 c0c0n 2014 , a 3-day Security and Hacking Conference (1 day pre-conference workshop and 2 day conference), full of interesting presentations, talks and of course filled with fun!
The conference topics are divided into four domains as follows:
- Info Sec - Technical
- Info Sec - Management
- Digital Forensics and Investigations
- Cyber Laws and Governance
We are expecting conference and workshop submissions on the following topics, but are not limited to:
- Cloud Security
- Browser Security
- Offensive forensics
- Software Testing/Fuzzing
- Network and Router Hacking
- WLAN and Bluetooth Security
- Hacking virtualized environment
- Lockpicking & physical security
- National Security & Cyber Warfare
- Open Source Security & Hacking Tools
- Web Application Security & Hacking
- Exploiting Layer 8/Social Engineering
- Malware analysis & Reverse Engineering
- New Vulnerabilities and Exploits/0-days
- Advanced Penetration testing techniques
- Antivirus/Firewall/UTM Evasion Techniques
- IT Auditing/Risk management and IS Management
- Cyber Forensics, Cyber Crime & Law Enforcement
- Mobile Application Security-Threats and Exploits
- Critical Infrastructure & SCADA networks Security
Presentations/topics that haven't been presented before will be preferred. We are looking for the hottest presentation topics based on the research and *HOTNESS* of the topic. To follow a fair process of speaker selection, the selection committee is only given the abstract without revealing the identities, ensuring a transparent and fair policy for all submissions.
CFP REVIEW COMMITTEE:
Dr. Phil Polstra (@ppolstra)
Associate Professor of Digital Forensics, Bloomsburg University
Phil was born at an early age. He cleaned out his savings at age 8 in order to buy a TI99-4A computer for the sum of $450. Two years later he learned 6502 assembly and has been hacking computers and electronics ever since. Phil currently works as a professor at a private Midwestern university. He teaches computer security and forensics. His current research focus involves use of microcontrollers and small embedded computers for forensics and pentesting. Prior to entering academia, Phil held several high level positions at well-known US companies. He holds a couple of the usual certs one might expect for someone in his position. Phil is also an accomplished aviator with several thousand hours of flight time. He holds 12 ratings including instructor, commerical pilot, mechanic, inspector, and avionics tech. When not working, he likes to spend time with his family, fly, hack electronics, and has been known to build airplanes.
University of Abertay Dundee, Scotland
Colin McLean is a lecturer in Computing at the University of Abertay Dundee in Scotland. In 2006, he developed a course what is believed to be the world's first undergraduate degree with the word "Hacking" in the title. The B Sc in Ethical Hacking at Abertay University in Dundee, Scotland has since become one of the main providers of graduates to the security testing industry in the UK. Colin has been a lecturer at Abertay University for 24 years and has taught Robotics, Mechatronics, Computer Networking, Computer Programming and now Ethical Hacking. On the non-academic side, he has worked with NCR, R&D Dundee, Scotland on ATM security projects since 2005 and with various UK companies on security issues since around that time. He has previously talked at various security events including BSides London in 2011 and 2012, BSides Lisbon 2013, BruCon 2012 and E-Crime Scotland Summit 2013
Mobile security researcher, AVG
Elad is part of AVG Mobilation team working as a mobile security researcher. He specializes in Android app coding, penetration tests and mobile device risk assessment. As a mobile security researcher, Elad is responsible for malware in-depth analysis, creating and updating malware signatures, vulnerabilities management for mobile threats, coding multipurpose prototypes for mobile devices (PoC), writing security-related web posts alongside of maintaining connections and relationships with the mobile device security community around the world.
Prior joining AVG, Elad worked for the Israeli government as an Information Security consultant. Elad holds BSc in computer science from Herzliya Interdisciplinary Center (IDC) in Israel and is a key note speaker at Israeli security conferences and events and abroad. He also helps organise a digital survivor competition held in Israel.
Manager, Security Assurance, Centre for Security Assurance and Research, IMPACT
Jairam Ramesh is the Manager of the Security Assurance Division at International Multilateral Partnership against Cyber Threats (IMPACT). Jairam has been involved in cybersecurity and digital forensics for over 8 years. Prior joining IMPACT, he was the Security Researcher & Developer with Microsoft Corporation, and also held a position as the Director of Operations of e-Security Science based in Hong Kong.
Jairam has been a key speaker at regional and international conferences, and has been involved in working directly with over 60+ countries at government and private levels. Currently in IMPACT, Jairam is responsible for enhancing the security response systems, human capacity building, incident response at national levels and forming legal frameworks on reactive and proactive incidents of the International Telecommunication Union (ITUâ€™s) 192 Member States.
Robin has over six years experience in computer security and over fifteen in software development. He has ran security audits for many large banks, trading firms and various other international organizations.
Robin is an active member of the computer security community, regularly publishing blog posts and security tools on topics varying from auditing security cameras to password analysis. He has spoken at various security conferences including ShmooCon, DEFCON Wireless Village and BSides London.
Robin's background as a software developer, where he specialised in web applications, gives him an insight into application testing which most other testers don't have. Being able to see an application from the perspective of both a tester and a developer means a more through test and a report which can be better understood by those who have to fix any issues detected.
He has various certifications, the main on being CHECK Team Leader for Applications. This is a tough UK based certification required when testing for the government or military.
Email your submission to: cfp [at] is-ra [dot] org
Email subject should be: CFP c0c0n 2014 - [Paper Title]
- Speaker Name:
- Job Role/Handle:
- Email ID:
- Contact Number:
- Speaker Profile: (max 1000 words)
If there is additional speaker please mention it here following the above format.
- Name/Title of the presentation:
- Paper Abstract: (max 3000 words)
- Presentation Time Required (20, 30, 50 Minutes)
- Is there any demonstration? Yes or No
- Are you releasing any new tool? Yes or No
- Are you releasing any new exploit? Yes or No
- Have you presented the paper before on any other security / technology conference(s)? Yes or No
- Anything the committee should know about your presentation
OTHER NEEDS & REQUIREMENTS
- Do you need any special equipment?
- We will be providing 1 LCD projector feed, 2 screens, microphones, wired and/or wireless Internet.
- If you have any other requirement, Please mention it here and the reason.
REMEMBER THESE DATES!
- CFP Opens: 22 March 2014
- CFP Closing Date: 25 May 2014
- Speakers list (First Set) online: 15 June 2014
- Workshop Dates: 21 Aug 2014
- Conference Dates: 22 - 23 Aug 2014
*NOTE:* We do not promote vendor/product oriented submissions hence it will be rejected.
- Complimentary Conference registration
- Complementary Accommodation for 2 nights
- Invitation to Day 1 Networking Dinner / Party
- Travel Reimbursement - The selected speaker will receive travel reimbursement, to the extent available with existing ISRA /conference funds
- Only one speaker will be eligible for the benefits in case there are two or more speakers for a talk.