Dark Web has become a big buzz word in the last few years. A lot is being written and spoken about it. Dark web is also being used as a ‘FUD’ factor to run businesses.
During this workshop we will take students through the reality of dark web and demystify facts from fiction. The participants would get insights to various products available and traded on the dark web. This will help you to get a better understanding of the importance of threat intelligence.
- Learn and understand the difference between Clearnet and Darknet
- Darknet, Deepweb , Darkweb – What does they mean
- Operational security before entering the darker side of internet
- Understand Darknet entry points
- Setting and configuring the Darknet Entry Points (Tor, I2P, Zeronet etc)
- Tor Hidden Services
- Using Tor Web Proxies
- Darknet /Deepweb Search Engines
- Exploring the Darknet – Darknet Economies
- Cyber Crime Markets
- Drug and Arms Markets
- Counterfeit and Fake Currency Markets
- Terrorist and Jihadist Presence
- Utilizing Darknet as definitive source for Threat Intelligence
- Good knowledge of windows & linux platform.
- Knowledge of running & troubleshooting a VM on own device.
Laptop having ability to access 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi network in an unrestricted / unfiltered nature.
Enough memory to create and run a VM on hypervisor of your choice. A fresh VM of windows/linux
DURATION (1/2 DAY)
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Cyber Investigators
- Law enforcement officials
- Enthusiast who want to see how dark web looks like
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Fair understanding of deep net, dark net, deep web & dark web.
- Hands on Exercises
- Operational security
- Expect to see some disturbing content accidentally, if you are one who can easily get offended, please avoid this workshop
WHAT NOT TO EXPECT
- Credit card numbers from dark net
- Child porn from dark net
- Passwords dumps
- Database leaks
- Solving a real world case